Monday, April 14, 2014

WELCOME: About me and my cooking ideas.

Believe it or not, I have a boyfriend and four kids. My current life's circumstances include my mother in law who works non stop a full time job, a part time job, and does OCD (not being mean but she is in a good way) RIGHT when she walks in the door. It also includes my boyfriend's 85 year old grandfather who is set in his ways of not making his own dinner and being served like he's at a restaurant. I love this family and so I being a stay at home mom right now, have learned to cook. ALL things. Breakfast, dinner, lunch, snacks etc. My boyfriend DOES make the evening snacks so little does he know he'll be blogging that. :).

If you haven't followed my other blog, MAD CRAFTING MOTHER OF FOUR feel free to check it out. We will be posting all of our current crafts this weekend throughout the week. So, if you aren't familliar with it, I am 29, my husband/boyfriend is 30-TODAY, and my children are Autumn, who is 10, Hannah who is 9 (they dont live with me full time). Then our live in children, Aerieannah, who is 6, almost 7 (on June 5, 2014), and our little kid our parents warned us about, Chris Junior, who is 2. By the kid our parents warned us about.... "I hope you have a kid that is just like you or worse." NO he is NOT a BAD kid. He's just the most curious, most independent, determined to do what he wants when he wants boy I've ever met. Not to mention he's stronger than me.He's two and weighs 53 pounds and his 6 year old sister weighs 60.

I'm busy with life as we all are. When a parent is busy and the kids are hungry I know we all- or 95% of us have made life easier a few times here and there by handing over a not so healthy snack, microwavable food, chips, or ran thru a fast food restaurant passing up a side salad for a cheeseburger(no ketchup or onions extra pickle). So I wanted to make a blog of our family's food. We do not always eat right BUT, I found some ways to add whole grains, calcium, and veggies by sneaking them in a recipe the kids already LOVE, and passing them off as something else. I've passed tofu(for extra iron) off as cheese because I flavored it and mixed it in with mozzerella and sprinkled it on the pizza. No body knew except me and I couldn't even taste it. There are ways to feed junk food-like pizza with extra special nutrients on it so it's no longer considered JUNK FOOD. Right now is the perfect time to start.
Though NOT healthy it's my boyfriend's 30th birthday and he loves RED VELVET cake. WE are far from rich so we usually wouldn't make it since we had to buy an over abundance of red dye as well as buttermilk we won't use again until its expired to throw away. SO this may be one of the most extravagant foods i make that is not cheap. And it's a shame I'm thinking of featuring it as my first food....maybe I'll sneak something else in, but I'm NOT perfect(nor would I claim to be), and its a birthday.

I hope that my ideas will help you save money and help you find easy ways I've developed or found thanks to other frugal healthy bloggers, various sneaky ways I've found myself, and raising 2-4 children, and feeding an 85 year old set in his ways(garlic and onion should be on EVERYTHING in LARGE amounts in his eyes) I even find ways to make him happy. So, help yourself and help your family enjoy a fast, cheap, DELICIOUS meal. I'll share some of the old things I've made that were a hit. I'll share the food I made that was a hit throughout the week. I hope you like. Next post may be the birthday hubbie's cake. (NOT AT ALL HEALTHY BUT SUPER GOOD). We all know when we crave "junk food" then it's best to have a small amount of that then deprive yourself or you will be off any diet or healthy eating plan that you were trying to do. If you crave chocolate, find a recipe for healthy chocolate oatmeal cookies or make a cup of hot cocoa.
 Here it goes. WELCOME TO MY FOOD BLOG. I am overweight. Though I eat healthy I blame the soda. I went a week with no mountain dew and lost 9 pounds in 6 days. I am too busy running around taking care of kids and family sweating my butt off to exercise conventionally...but running a house is exercising.

Check back if you are busy as I like to make meals in under 30 minutes. Check back if you love Crockpots as I love on a summer day when we are busy throwing stuff in the crock pot and having a delicious family meal. Check back if you love veggies and salad because I DO TOO! Check back if you have a sweet tooth because I love to bake. Check back if you have a picky eater, because I have five or six. No matter what I manage to make everyone happy. Hope I'm helpful.
Here comes the cake baking. Red Velvet from scratch. CAN NOT BEAT IT. I don't care for red velvet but it's the hubbies favorite and I used a family recipe.

HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK. ANY QUESTIONS, TOPICS ON FOOD, FOOD QUESTIONS, QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUNG PICKY EATERS......ASK. Chances are in my life as a mother, being in a mixed family, and in and out of foster care as a child, I'm sure I got a trick Idea or answer up my sleeve. If not, we can get together share tips and feel free to share similar recipes and I love constructive criticism. If you try something don't like it TELL ME. It only helps me.
Peace Love and Happy family Eating.
xoxo,
Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment